We take pride in investing our resources into critical environmental needs with a particular focus on projects that accelerate a transition to a “greener” economy, break down barriers, and positively impact our environment.
Features of our programs
- We seek opportunities to provide resources to universities, colleges, labs, and entrepreneur accelerator programs, all working on commercializing new clean technologies and innovations.
- We look for programs that promote environmental education and can include opportunities to leverage our vast network of volunteers to deliver long-term, measurable results — fostering the next generation of sustainable leaders.
- We build partnerships with local environmental nonprofits that have projects that focus on strengthening the resiliency of our communities. This includes efforts focused on climate mitigation and adaptation, sustainable agriculture and forestry, water quality, land conservation, and support for building healthy urban ecosystems.
We make contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as to qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
We are unable to consider grants for the following:
- Organizations that are not designed 501(c)(3) by the IRS
- For-profit entities
- Political action committees, candidates and lobbying
- Labor, religious, fraternal, military, and professional association activities
- Sports and athletic groups and activities
- Endowment campaigns
Apply for environmental grants
The programs operate as a closed RFP, invitation-only process where Wells Fargo engages specific organizations whose work aligns with our giving priorities.