What is Wealth and Investment Management?
Wells Fargo is a diverse, vibrant, constantly growing company. Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company’s four main divisions. With $1.7 trillion in client assets, WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
2016 Investment Management Development Program
The Wells Fargo Investment Management Development Program (IMDP) is ideal for candidates enrolled in an MBA or another graduate degree program with an emphasis in a related quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university. Over the course of 24 months, participants increase their investment acumen, hone their professional presence, learn how to identify and pursue new business opportunities and ultimately begin to manage investment accounts. The goal is to have the incumbent transition to an Investment Manager if their job performance supports the move. This program includes:
- Participation in sales-generating activities, including research presentations
- Building solid investment acumen and market knowledge
- Opportunities to solve problems independently and identify business needs
- Exposure to new systems, applications, models, processes, and techniques
- Intimate sessions for learning with a highly personalized development plan
- Hands-on training, exposure to key leaders, coaching, mentoring and regular performance feedback sessions
- Work with the Regional Investment Manager on portfolio management with his/her team, and working with private bankers, fiduciary specialists, financial advisors, wealth planners, and wealth advisors to deliver "full-balance sheet" solutions for clients
- Conduct all aspects of portfolio management functions with hands-on learning activities
- Develop strong investment product knowledge and use relationship management skills to meet the financial needs of clients
When to apply
We typically take applications for this program in late November. Search by keyword "Investment Management Development Program".
The program offers a wide variety of opportunities within our lines of business, with locations centered in Winston Salem, St. Louis, Minneapolis and Las Vegas.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial accounting, finance, asset management, capital markets, or macroeconomics; or a Master's degree or higher in business or economics
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- 2+ years of financial analysis, problem solving and resolution experience
- Knowledge and understanding of investment management, asset management, financial markets and securities analysis or related fields
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to achieve business results and willing to accept accountability for achieving goals
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high energy, intensive learning environment
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Professional presentation skills
- Charted Financial Analyst (CFA)- Passed CFA Level I, II and/or III
- Leadership experience
- Leadership skills including; coaching, training, and mentoring
Other Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Ability to travel
- This position is subject to Regulation Z, Loan Originator Qualifications. Initial and ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including a criminal background and credit check to determine position eligibility.
The salary is based on a full-time 40 hour-a-week schedule.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.